Saturday, February 25, 2012

Anthro Menagerie


So a lot has happened since i graduated from Flagler College. Got married (I'm Anna Coleman now), moved to Deland, started working at Rifle Paper Co., and still finding time for my art.
I'm notorious for starting blogs, making a couple posts, then totally forgetting about them. But i figured that it was time to revisit Anna's paper bird and give an update on some stuff i've been making.

Here is a look at Anthro Menagerie, a two-part exhibition for my BFA portfolio show:

Animal masks made from (what else) masking tape!


Viewers were encouraged to try on the masks and look at themselves in the mirrors, making them a participating part of the installation.





The other half of Anthro Menagerie had anthropomorphized characters interacting with organic shapes. They were painted on various wood surfaces with acrylic paint, and details were articulated with ink.





It was a fun show, yet it was bitter-sweet because it marked the end of my time in school at Flagler. I couldn't think of a better note to end it on. A show this awesome left me pumped and ready to create more on my own!


No comments:

Post a Comment